Would you believe, defying stereotypes can be hard, well, in India it is. TrulyMadly.com is a new matchmaking website, and they have a way out of the world marketing campaign going called, #breakingstereotypes. These wonderful pictures depict their effort for the same. This social experiment is unique in its way of disproving generalizations. It conveys a common message that every human being should get the same treatment; that is of an individual. These 45 wonderful pictures show us how common people of India think, and how we defy our stereotypes.
1. I am a Doctor and I have good handwriting.
2. I’m an artist and I’m not unemployed
3. I run an NGO but still love my H&M blazer
4. My best friends is a guy and i’m not sleeping with him
5. Its 12 O’clock and I’m as normal as you.
6. I’m fair and I don’t care if its lovely
7. I’m Punjabi but no Patiala pegs for me
8. writing about fashion doesn’t stop me from reading Kafka
9. I am a poet but I am not an alcoholic
10. I’m Punjabi & I love masala Dosa
11. I’m a Jaat & I respect women
12. I wear red lipstick and I’m not easy
13. Freelance isn’t FREE!!
14. We’re Sardarnis ans we understand Kannada
15. I am a woman and I can parallel park like a boss!
16. I’m Bengali and I prefer butter chicken over fish!
17. I’m a man and I love to cook
18. I may be thin but I can eat a whole cake up!
19. I’m from DU and I don’t love chai
20. I’m a Tam Brahm and I’m not a vegetarian
21. I’m a Delhi boy and I flight for women’s rights
22. I studied Electrical Engineering and I design clothes
23. I am Punjabi & I don’t like Yo YO Honey Singh
24. My hairstyle is my choice
25. I am from Bihar and my english is impeccable
26. I am from Sikkim and you may not call me ‘ Chinki’
27. I’m from Mumbai and I don’t hate Delhi
28. I’m a fashionista and I don’t believe in size zero
29. I’m a globetroller but I always eat Dinner at home
30. I like dressing up but I love pyjamas!
31. I am a Manglik and I’m not going to marry a tree.
32. I’m a jaat and I read Karl Marx
33. I am an artist & music actually pays my bill
34. I am an actress and I can act
35. We are from South India and we are not Madrasis
36. I am a millionaire and I travel by the Metro
37. I’m a model and I eat a lot
38. I’m a modern woman and I choose to wear traditional clothes
39. I love pink and I’m not gay
40. Hey! consultants can be funny too
41. I love shopping but my dad is not my ATM
42. I have a degree in science and I’m a makeup artist
43. Grew up in a shelter home and now I’m a international photographer
44. I am a biker and I don’t worship Royal Enfield
45. I’m from UP and I don’t speak abusive words