In early times, a tribal tattoo was used for a sign of individuality dealing a certain tribe. In other words tattoos used for showing religion or holy belief. The word “tribal” means “tribe.” or we can say the thing that deal with tribes. The word tattoo received from the word “tatau” from Polynesian(Marquesan island).
These tribal tattoos are used for identification, social status, and even medicinal purposes.
If you make a simple and only one color in tattoo then tribal tattoos are perfect for you because in tribal tattoo mostly use black ink. If men and women both create tribal tattoos then the best place is upper arm or sleeve. If women create tribal tattoos for looks like sexy then the great location is lower back.
How To Cover Up Old Tribal Tattoos
If your tattoo have bad ink or they become old then you can cover them up. A good tattoo maker can wrap up your old tattoo with some new designs and ink. Here are some options to changing old tattoos with a new one.
1. The latest tattoo design size is more than the size of old tattoo.
2. The new tattoo design must be a compact design with lots of coverage.
3. Glowing colors like red, yellow, and orange don’t fit for covering tribal tattoos. Cool colors like blue, green, purple are best for cover-ups.
4. Choosing an idea for your cover-up design because all ideas not properly work in cover ups.
5. Consultations with the tattooist for cover up tattoos.
Here some images of old tribal tattoos covering with new one.
Old tribal tattoos cover up:
Serghei from Castor Ink, Iasi- Romania
You must have got the idea of covering up and having new tribal tattoos from this post. Do comeback for some great tribal tattoos in a few days. Hopefully you will find your dream tattoo design in this collection.