Edible Art also known as food art is the best way to keep your little tykes’ interest in eating. For Samantha Lee, what started as an effort to keep her elder daughter intrigued by the idea of eating by herself, is now a collection of plethora of foodscapes that she prepares for her two daughters for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This extraordinarily ordinary art has rocketed her to fame with over 567831 followers on Instagram and 71,000 likes on her Facebook page.
How did she develop a passion for Edible Art? “I started my very first Bento making in December 2008, when I was heavily pregnant with my second daughter,” she states on her blog. “It was to let my elder daughter to eat independently after the arrival of her younger sister. I was very lucky and blessed that my creations never failed to impress my elder daughter and it made her looked forward to the next meal. Now, she has her little sister fighting over which character they should get during mealtime. It makes meal time extremely fun.”
She further states, “I sketch my designs before I make them into food to stay organized and prevent food wastage. Scissors, knives and toothpicks are my tools. I like to make something practical, something for everyone to be able to follow.”
Samantha has not undergone any professional training and relies on simple tools to create these adorable edible characters.
Her food art consists of famous cartoon characters, pop culture artists, famous celebrities, animals, birds, superheroes and even famous monuments.
Here are some of her best edible celebrities, cartoon characters, animals and almost everything which can be drawn.
1. Adele – Rolling in the Deep – Love the expression
2. Snow white with the poisonous apple (well not poisonous here, though)
3. A view of Amsterdam
4. Batman and an edible bat
5. Bruce Lee with nun-chucks
6. Charlie Chaplin
7. Cristiano Ronaldo
8. Amy Winehouse
9. Albert Einstein with his theories (Phew! the intricate drawing is so cool)
10. Elsa from animated feature, Frozen
11. Queen’s guard
12. These little monsters remind me of the Pacman game
13. Angry Bird Burger Patty with Apple Catapult
14. Audrey Hepburn
15. Pokrovsky Cathedral (formerly known as Saint Basil’s Cathedral)
16. Fred Flintstone from the famous cartoon show, The Flintstones
17. Wilma Flintstone
18. Wednesday Friday Addams from The Addams Family (comic strip, cartoon and movie)
19. Merida from the animated movie, Brave
20. Owl (Dreamy or sleepy?)
21. Elvis Presley
23. Harry Potter with his owl, Hedwig
24. Michael Jackson – King of Pop
25. Hermoine Granger
26. Snow Queen
28. Angelina Jolie in Maleficent
29. Marge Simpsons
30. Maya Angelou
31. Lionel Messi
33. Psy – Oppa Gangnam Style
35. Snow white in the making
36. Snoopy the Dog from comic strip, Peanuts
37. Well Samantha Lee is indeed a Wonder Woman.
I better start learning and practicing this creative art. It would certainly help me approach mealtimes in a creative way for my daughter.